Volunteer and help make Pride amazing!
We are always looking for help with Pride organization, either on one of the committees or on specific events.
Below is a generalized diagram of the Peterboough Pride organization structure. If you see an area where you have expertise we would be thrilled to hear from you!
Join the team of volunteers!
Peterborough Pride always welcomes help and is commited to valuing and respecting its volunteers.
Examples of some of the volunteer opportunities:
- Join an organising committee - groups meet to organize the parade, other events, do communications and community outreach, fundraising, etc.
- Parade - set-up, marshalling (that means helping keep things moving along the street and helping people enjoy themselves!)
- Post-Parade Beer gardens - set-up, security, ticket selling, and clean-up
- Post-Parade park events - set-up, decorating, support/security, stage assistant, clean-up
- Shows and dances - set-up, decorating, support/security, stage assistant, clean-up
For additional information or if you have ideas or want to get involved,
please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Peterborough Pride reserves the right to select volunteers based on suitability for the tasks involved. Volunteers may be required to take some training to make sure they are well prepared and supported.
If you look at the event listing you will see that there are lots of activities planned. If you wish to help with an "associated event" (the ones marked with red stars) then you need to contact the person running that event directly or just let us know and we can pass your info to them.